The primary role of a Financial Analyst is to support the Managing Partners and the Investment Committee in taking decisions on investments – which includes analysis of the market segment, primary and secondary research on the sector, diligence of the startup, presentation to the Investment Company on the investment thesis, financial modeling, etc. The job also involves getting the right documentation at different stages and tracking pipeline of opportunities.
- Investment Evaluation: Build financial model, conduct primary and secondary research on the sector and company, conduct field visits, customer reference calls, get perspectives from experts – to arrive at a view on the sector and the company.
- Prepare the detailed documentation to present to the Investment Committee
- Due Diligence: Work with identified external agencies for financial, commercial, legal and any other due diligence as needed
- Documentation: Work with external partners and the Mela team for the proper and timely execution of the agreements
- Pipeline tracking: Use the right tools to track pipeline metrics and work with the Mela team to always maintain a healthy pipeline
- Work towards creating the right templates and models – which are unique to Mela – and which will be used for all potential investments
- Network with incubators, accelerators, other PE funds to keep track of the happenings in the startup ecosystem
The candidate should have 2+ years of transactional experience in the financial sector – specifically in the VC / Growth Fund / Investment Bank / Advisory firms.
- Should have been instrumental or deeply involved in transactions leading to investments, especially in B2B startups
- Excellent at and disciplined in the usage of appropriate tools – including but not limited to CRM, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Should be comfortable in preparing financial models from scratch. Familiar with various valuation methods – comparable companies, precedents and DCF.
- Should be able to analyze companies – and build business models, assess capital needs, design financial models and come up with appropriate deal structures
- Work ethics and style – inspiring, results-focused, execution, accountable, humble, hands-on
- Possesses excellent professional network that can be leveraged in role
- Excellent collaboration skills across cultures, work styles and roles
- Bring a can-do attitude and high energy to the team
Job Title : Investment Analyst
Reports to : Managing Partners
Location : Bangalore