The primary role of a Senior Investment Analyst is to support the Managing Partners and the Investment Committee in taking decisions on investments – which includes analysis of the market segment, primary and secondary research on the sector, diligence of the startup, presentation to the Investment Company on the investment thesis, financial modeling, etc. The job also involves getting the right documentation at different stages and tracking pipeline of opportunities. Post investment, the analyst will work with the startup in tracking progress as per plan, monitoring the key parameters required for growth. At the right time, help the investee companies in getting ready for the next round of fund raise.
- Spotting: Scan the market with an intention to spot potential opportunities by connecting the dots between disparate trends at the intersection of different technologies and industry groups
- Sourcing: Sourcing relevant opportunities which fit into the investment thesis of the fund
- Evaluating: Build financial model, conduct primary and secondary research on the sector and company, conduct field visits, customer reference calls, get perspectives from experts – to arrive at a view on the sector and the company.
- Due Diligence: Work with identified external agencies for financial, commercial, legal and any other due diligence as needed
- Internal Pitching: Prepare on the right pitch to the IC
- Documentation: Work with external partners and the Mela team for the proper and timely execution of the agreements
- Pipeline tracking: Use the right tools to track pipeline metrics and work with the Mela team to always maintain a healthy pipeline
- Methods: Work towards creating the right templates and models – which are unique to Mela – and which will be used for all potential investments
- Ecosystem: Network with incubators, accelerators, other PE funds to keep track of the happenings in the startup ecosystem; participate in forums with a contribution and learning mindset.
- Portfolio work: Work with Mela CFO to track progress of investee companies on a monthly/quarterly basis. Assist investee companies to achieve operational excellence by helping them set and track targets, recruit talent and raise capital. Work on a two-way communication and building trust.
- Learning: Look for and identify opportunities for self-learning – across technology, financial, operational and strategy.
The candidate should have an MBA background with 5+ years of transactional experience in the financial sector – specifically in the VC / Growth Fund / Investment Bank / Advisory firms.
- Should have been instrumental or deeply involved in transactions leading to investments, especially in B2B startups
- Excellent at and disciplined in the usage of appropriate tools – including but not limited to CRM, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Should be comfortable in preparing financial models from scratch. Familiar with various valuation methods – comparable companies, precedents and DCF.
- Should be able to analyze companies – and build business models, assess capital needs, design financial models and come up with appropriate deal structures
- Work ethics and style – inspiring, results-focused, execution, accountable, humble, hands-on
- Possesses excellent professional network that can be leveraged in role
- Excellent collaboration skills across cultures, work styles and roles
- Bring a can-do attitude and high energy to the team
Job Title : Senior Investment Analyst
Reports to : Managing Partners
Location : Bangalore